MP, Deputy Chair, Parliamentary Tourism Committee, National Assembly of Bulgaria, Minister of Tourism (2014-2020)
Nikolina Angelkova was born on the 30 November 1979.
- Harvard business school alumni 2010, graduated from the Leadership development program.
- Master in Law from the University for National and World economy(UNWE), Sofia graduated with an award for excellent success; postgraduate qualification for company management under the Post-graduation institute of the UNWE.
- She has specialized financial management of the EU structural funds, regional policy and government to the Institute of Public Administration in Maastricht and the Regional Institute for Public Administration in Nantes, France.
- She has done a number of executive education programs in Harvard business school for real estate development, negotiations and mergers and acquisitions.
- In 2002-2006 she was a President of the Association of legal development and legal adviser in the parliamentarian committee of Regional development, National Parliament of Bulgaria
- In 2005-2007 she was a blue book trainee in DG” Environment”, European Commission and advisor of the BG Chairman in the EPP group, European Parliament, working in the field of environment, transport and regional development.
- In 2004-2010 – member of the Sofia Bar Association
- In 2005-2010 she was an owner of Nikolova and partners consult LTD; CEO of Hercesa Bulgaria LTD and CEO of Helector Bulgaria LTD working in the field of transport and environment infrastructure, real estate investments; mergers and acquisitions.
- Since 2007 she is a member of the European People’s party and participating in all the congresses and events of the party
- In 2008 founded “Friends of sport” Foundation representing Real Madrid Foundation social school to integrate children in needs through sport. Currently is a honorary President of the foundation.
- In 2010-2011 she was leading the Control, communication and coordination department to the Minister of regional development and public works.
- In 2011 she was Member of the management board of the Road Infrastructure Agency and till 2013 Deputy Minister of Regional Development and Public Works responsible for European and international policy, European territorial cooperation and regional planning; contact point for the EU Danube strategy.
- In 2011 she took part in the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington DC and participating in the State department program
- In 2013-2014 she was EU policy advisor to the President of the Republic-Rosen Plevneliev.
- In March 2014 she was elected Young Global Leader of the World Economic Forum and currently is a WEF alumni.
- In 2014 she became the first woman Minister of Transport, information technology and communication in the caretaker BG Government.
- In November 2014-2017 she became the first Minister of tourism in the regular PP GERB BG Government founding the Ministry of tourism as separate state administration.
- In March 2017 was elected member of the parliament in the 44th National Assembly leading the Sofia region election list of PP GERB.
- In May 2017- 2020 became Minister of tourism in the regular PP GERB BG National Government.
- In 2018 she was awarded by the Italian President in the “Stella d’Italia award”.
- She is a member of the PP GERB and since 2019 party political coordinator for the region of Sofia.
- July 2020 till March 2021 she was a member of the parliament from PP GERB in the National Assembly where she is a member of the economy and tourism policy committee and Chairwomen of the Parliamentarian Friendship Committee Bulgaria-USA.
- Since October 2020 member of Women in international security organization
- Active participant of the World travel and tourism council
- Since December 2020 she is a member of the Sofia Bar Association
- In April 2021 became member of parliament from PP GERB after the parliamentarian elections on the 4th April 2021, where she was a member of the economy and tourism policy committee and member of the legal committee;
- In July 2021 became member of the parliament from PP GERB after the parliamentarian pre elections on the 11th of July 2021, where she was a member of the economy and tourism policy committee and member of the legal committee;
- Since September 2021 she is an honorary Chairwoman of the Association of economic development and tourism, Sofia, Bulgaria
- In November 2014 became member of the Parliament from PP GERB after the parliamentarian pre elections of the 14th of November 2021. She is a Chairwoman of the Tourism Committee and member of the Constitutional and legal issues Committee in the National Assembly.
- Holds lots of prestigious awards in the fields working and have participated and organized many international and internal congresses and events.
- Speaking English, Spanish and Italian and having working knowledge of French and Russian
- Married with one daughter